Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What paint should I use on a vehicle?

I'm painting a graphic and lettering on a delivery truck. I've created a stencil but I don't know what type of paint I should use. The truck already has a simple white finish. I don't want a spray paint as there will be some hand detailing involved. This graphic needs to last a long time without cracking or fading.What paint should I use on a vehicle?
Instead of paint, have everything done in vinyl. The cost is comparable, and if you want to change logos or sell the truck it is much easier to remove. Almost all big trucks on the road now have vinyl lettering.What paint should I use on a vehicle?
As what I know, usually use ';Car Paint';, you can get all kind of color in Car paint Store.





Another way, make it as a sticker, after taping on the car.


Spray ';clear coat';-car using one(with hardner) on top of it(actually the whole car.)





Then the sticker won't fall out.
Duplicolor. they sell it in the parts store and it should be compatible with the clear coat sprays. some of the clear coat sprays are not very friendly to spray can paints.
scuff they area to be painted till there is no shine left then prime it,then after the primer dries sand it good then paint it red or black red will stand out good on white.

No comments:

Post a Comment