Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mural question: What surface/material can i paint a mural on which can be rolled up and stored or put away?

I'm doing some murals for a church and they would like the them to be displayed in an all-purpose room for church services as well as sports activities. Therefore he was hoping to be able to roll them up and store them when there are sports activites and then unroll them for normal services. Any ideas? I'm kind of not sure what my options are. Help?Mural question: What surface/material can i paint a mural on which can be rolled up and stored or put away?
A canvas tarp would work, but the paint might crack a bit with rolling and unrolling it too often. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any kind of paint that has the flexibility to prevent the cracking.Mural question: What surface/material can i paint a mural on which can be rolled up and stored or put away?
re: annette's answer - I heard you can do an oil on a stretched (or stapled-to-the-wall) canvas and then roll it up with the painting on the outside for storage. other than that, not that it can be rolled, but it can be slid in somewhere: a pvc board. I painted on one with house paint and it actually did work (I thought it'd flake off). It is now slid against my inner garage wall....


hope that helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment