Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If a can of exterior latex house paint has been left outside over the winter, is it ruined?

I forgot it under the porch all winter long, and just found it today. It's a nearly full gallon. Did I ruin the paint by leaving it out in the freezing cold all winter, or is it still usable?If a can of exterior latex house paint has been left outside over the winter, is it ruined?
Yes you should discard the paint. Once it freezes it changes chemically. Even if it looks OK it would be a risk to use it. As much trouble as painting is, you sure don't want to take the risk just to save a few dollars. Been there myself. I should know better since I have been a painter since the 1970's. forgot and left paint in my unheated garage all winter.If a can of exterior latex house paint has been left outside over the winter, is it ruined?
the only way to find out is to try it on a small test piece to see if it has seperated , you may well be lucky


I
paint is no longer any good after it freezes
toss it,once it freezes,its junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment