Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How do I change my background to NOTHING in Paint Shop Pro?

I really need to know how


because I wanna make a dotted border


and the tutorial


that I learned it from said i had to change the background to transparent.


Ok so,


like how do I do that?!


Please help!How do I change my background to NOTHING in Paint Shop Pro?
You need to promote the background ';layer'; to a proper layer. Then delete the background to get transparency.





Make sure to save it as a GIF or a TIFF because jpg's can't support transparencies.How do I change my background to NOTHING in Paint Shop Pro?
If there is a background promote background to layer, then click the background (if solid) with the magic wand and hit the delete key on your keyboard. An alternative is to use the lasso (freehand selection) and in the selection type choose Smart Edge or Edge seeker with a small feather (5 is usually best) and go around what you want to cut out, it takes practice but gives a great result. Save as PNG to keep the background transparent (file, export, png optimizer, settings as 16.7mil colors, alpha channel transparency, existing, non-interlaced)
If you are starting the tutorial by making a new image, go to file, then new, and select the raster background choice. It will be transparent.
WHEN YOU OPEN A NEW BLANK IMAGE. CLICKING ON THE ICON THAT LOOKS LIKE A SHEET OF PAPER. IN THE BOX THAT OPENS UP THERE IS A BOX TO CHECK FOR TRANSPARENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment