Thursday, March 11, 2010

How much will only paint and clear coat cost to paint my 2 door Mazda Mx6?

A buddy of mine has a gun to spray paint and all I have to do is buy the paint and clear coat. Should I go ACRYLIC paint or what type of paint should I use and how much paint and HOW MUCH MONEY$$??How much will only paint and clear coat cost to paint my 2 door Mazda Mx6?
You will want to use base coat / clear coat which is a two stage process. It is an acrylic urethane, sometimes the base coat is polyester base but behaves the same. You can get away with a single stage if it is a solid color, if it is a metallic I would strongly recommend you do not go with a single stage as it can servery limit you.





You will need about half to 3/4 gallon of both base %26amp; clearcoat. You basecoat will vary as if you go with a cheap paint you'll need twice as much, clear coat not so much just 2 coats either way. I personally prefer BASF paint as it is user freindly and covers in 3 coats max. You'll be looking anywhere from $300-500 in materials.How much will only paint and clear coat cost to paint my 2 door Mazda Mx6?
clear coat is about $20 and the paint shop where you buy it from can tell you how much paint you need..i paint part of my car with a quart for $60 but make sure you say that you need the paint ready to go.





they will find the paint number on your car and match it.
It may be best to go to the paint supply store and find this out.The total cost could be anywhere from $150-$500.The reducers,hardeners,clearcoat,and base coat can get really expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment