Saturday, March 13, 2010

How can I remove dried paintball paint from my car?

My car had been an innocent bystander in a drive-by paintballing. I didn't notice I'd been hit since I rarely get a glimpse of my passenger-side door, so it has been sitting there for a while.





I was advised to try Meguiar's scratch remover with some micro cloth. It didn't seem to help much.





The paintball remains are extremely hardened. Scratching with my fingernail does nothing. How can I remove it without damaging my paintjob?How can I remove dried paintball paint from my car?
Wash the car with mild car wash detergent and sponges. Dry off easily with large clean terry-cloth towels. Make certain that if you drop a towel on the ground, do not use it again. Use another clean towel. Allow the surface to dry.





Paintball paint is like crayon with an emulsifier and dye. It has a heavy gelatin outside. If left on the car's finish, it will attract dirt, grime, and acid, salt and ruin the paint.





A warm day is best. Cold weather makes it hard and is very time consuming.





For warm weather, use a microfiber cloth and spray WD40 onto the cloth and dab it onto the paintball splat. Carefully use circular motions. It is not necessary to use WD40 all over the car's surface. Just use it on the paintball marks.





Treat all paintball splats the same way. Next, buy and use Original Car Polish/Detailing spray...this is the same company that made the Pro Honda cleaner/polish. It does not hurt the paint. It removes tar, bird droppings, etc. only.





Again use a clean microfiber cloth. Spray the cloth and apply it to the remaining paintball splats. Use a gentle polishing motion. Allow it to air dry after a few minutes and buff it off. Remember that applying pressure on a dirty car with a dirty cloth will scratch the paint badly. Keep he towels, cloths and car surface extremely clean before removing paintball marks, tar and crayon. You are basically polishing your car.How can I remove dried paintball paint from my car?
I used my truck as a paintball vehicle and let it dry in the sun for at least a week. The paint didn't come until I sat and sat and scrubbed for a couple of hours. It doesn't require you to buy anything extra and all you have to use is old fashioned elbow grease and hot water.
The exterior of the paintball is gelatin, and the interior is water based dye.





Use a wet soft sponge or paper towel and let it sit on the paintball for a while to absorb some water. After that use a soft sponge to avoid scratching your paint to try to rub away the gelatin.
You might try some WD-40 It is will remove glue and crayon marks and a lot of other marks. You will be surprised at its uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment