Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do I smooth out rough and bumpy paint on a guitar?

I just finished painting my EVH Frankenstein Replica guitar, and I am very pleased with the outcome, but I noticed that the stripes are bumpy and uneven as far as their high off the guitar goes. How can I even them out? A friend suggested rubbing compound. Is this a valid way?How do I smooth out rough and bumpy paint on a guitar?
Paint a thin layer of lacquer on it then sand with very fine glass paper. Im talking about the black stuff that doesn't feal rough to touch.How do I smooth out rough and bumpy paint on a guitar?
If you didn't clear coat it you can rub it out with compound. Be careful not to rub through the paint.
Wipe it down with some 000 grade steel wool. This stuff is very fine and won't leave scratches. I use it between each coat also when painting guitars for a very smooth finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment